Tuesday, February 3, 2009

HORSE!!! And my dreams have come true


Nearly every day last summer, my buddy Jeff and I would go to the park and play HORSE. That's how you know I'm friggin' stoked to see this as an actual event (finally) during NBA All-Star Weekend.

There has been a lot of talk as to who will be in it, and it seems unlikely any of the big guns will want in. Here are my lists:

Legends: Jordan, Bird, Wilkins, Stockton

Lesser Legends (and I say that with great admiration for all involved): Dan Majerle, Glen Rice, Joe Dumars, Mark Price.

Today: Steve Nash, Gilbert Arenas (he can shoot!), Kevin Love, Jason Terry

I think the latter actually has a decent chance of happening. Two stars, two pretty good players. Nash is an obvious because the game is in PHX. Love was snubbed in the rookie game, Gilbert is a star and hasn't played but could shoot from anywhere. A guy from a lesser known, West Coast team like Stephen Jackson, Jason Terry, or Kevin Martin would work too. Terry can hit it from anywhere on the floor and might work the best in this type of game.

Did I mention I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment